Open to students with a high-school diploma and in-line with new Higher Education standards (Degree / Master’s / PhD) imposed by the Bologne agreements, the ESAM has structured its study programme over 5 years: Three-year Vocational Bachelor’s Degree course and Two-year Vocational Master’s course.
Because companies now have a policy of recruiting internationally, the ESAM has put more emphasis on learning a foreign language: 3 languages are mandatory instead of 2, including English and Chinese. In parallel, time spent abroad (university exchanges, company assignments) has been increased as have the number of courses taught in English.
The recognition the ESAM study program has received from professional circles means it can award a Vocational Degree in Company Management and Administration after a three-year undergraduate course; the Level II state-certified title ‘Company Administration Manager’ after four years’ of study; and the title Professional Master in Managing and Running a Business from the ESAM, after a five-year course .
Furthermore, the fact that this program has been developed in cooperation with Lille 2 University, means ESAM students can enjoy university recognition:
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Economic and Social Administration after a three-year undergraduate course
- a Master’s Diploma after a five-year course
The main objectives of the educational partnership with Lille 2 University are:
• to expand the network of companies who work in partnership with the two institutions. This not only offers a wider range of opportunities for internships and more openings for students, but also more opportunities for students to find future employment.
• to make the studies and internships more international. This is a factor will improve students’ careers prospects at a time when French companies are increasingly investing or setting up abroad.
• to develop more pedagogical collaboration (teacher exchanges for example) between the two institutions and setting up double diplomas awarded by both Lille 2 and the ESAM.
The skills of businessmen and women who shape company performance, must be anticipated, optimized and maintained in order to keep up with constantly changing trends and developments.
Throughout their training, it is the students who develop their professional goals and career plans.
They are supported as they work towards their objectives. The students become professionally adept thanks to the hands-on experience they receive throughout their studies such as running projects and different in-company assignments in France and abroad and also by creating and running clubs and associations. From the 3rd year onwards there are a variety of study options available (standard, Part Time, apprenticeship and vocational contracts).
Esam courses are part of the academic system of the UPI (International Professional University) in the IGS Group. The academic system has set up equivalent rating systems and credit transfers by working with more than sixty universities and state-run or private schools both in France and abroad. It is based on the use of standardized sytems recognized throughout the world. This enables exchanges to take place from one or more student and teacher programs to another.
It enables students:
• to study for approved qualifications and university diplomas which are recognized in France and/or accredited abroad (by the AACSB in the USA for example).
• to benefit from opportunities to study abroad and to change courses thanks to a transparent and coordinated system of equivalence ratings and credit transfers in Europe (ECTS: European Credits Transfer System), in the USA and in Asia. The academic system is based on modules. Each program has mandatary modules and optional modules. When a module is completed then ‘credits’ are awarded which validate the course, the internship, in-company assignments or professional thesis.
• to follow vocational courses which allow them to study whilst developing their professional skills which have been defined in collaboration with top professionals.
The ESAM mission is to train outstanding men and women to hold positions of responsibility in business.
Consulted and involved in the pedagogical engineering of the ESAM courses, professionals recognize the relevance of the courses available.
The close relationship built up between ESAM and business means that the syllabus can be adapted to suit company requirements. It also helps confirm the quality of ESAM’s pedagogical goals.
Some of the majors which are offered in the 5th year have been developed in partnership with business: “Company auditing” in collaboration with KPMG and “Managing real estate services” with partners CITYA Real Estate Group, LAMY S.A, SAGEFRANCE Group, TAGERIM Group and FONCIA Group.
The ESAM was the first French school authorized by the European Management Academy (EMA) to offer its European diploma. The ESAM is a founding member of the EMA.
This network of 31 schools across Europe benefits from the experience of the ESA (European Schools For Higher Education in Administration and Management) which has been a pioneer in the field since 1964.
Special relationships have been built up between the European member countries. International panels constantly revise the programs in liaison with European companies to define the skills required, the exams to be set, and to monitor the quality of diplomas.
Thanks to this standardization of course content, student and teacher mobility has been made easier, encouraging innovation and cross-cultural exchange.
Companies greatly appreciate the fact that we provide them with potential employees who are highly-efficient and who have already had experience in a European environment.
The Research Department is the foundation stone of the new ideas and knowledge dispensed at the ESAM.
To keep up with developments in the field of knowledge, the ESAM has chosen to reinforce its research work by setting up a research team ‘Economic Management and Administration and Business Strategy’ (GREGEMESE), in partnership with teacher-researchers from Lille 2 University.
As an innovator in knowledge transfer, the ESAM has based its teaching methods on creating a culture of innovation throughout the study program.
This way of thinking is supported by strong principles based on Ethics and Humanism.
ESAM graduates have in common a spirit of entrepreneurship and a sense for company values.
ESAM teachers are recognized for their level of expertise in their specific field of work and have a wide variety of profiles: academics, consultants, business people and full-time teachers. They all contribute actively to the academic life of the ESAM and to the professional maturity of the students.
In its quest for educational excellence, the ESAM subscribes to modern teaching methods, adapted to new training requirements which impose the use of digital technology. The ESAM curriculum is an intelligent mix of in-class learning and e-learning (using an electronic platform).
From the third year onwards, the ESAM gives students the opportunity to advance at their own speed and fast-track their professionalization through study options which combine work and study:
• Part Time
• Vocational contract
• Apprenticeship contract